STRUCTURAL CONCRETE CARPENTER
On Site-Northern or Southern Utah & Surrounding Areas (Please Specify on Application)
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, or plans for information pertaining to the type of formwork required.
· Prepare layouts, using rule and framing square.
· Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required dimension, using handsaw, power saw, etc.
· Build and/or assemble wood or steel forms for the construction of concrete footings, slabs, walls, columns, vaults, decks, parapets, etc.
· Establish grades and elevations for concrete work.
· Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
· Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, and timbers.
· Be proficient in the use of finishing tools such as vibrators, hand trowels, bull floats, hand floats, edger’s, etc.
· Setting and tying rebar as applicable.
· Install metal embeds, bolts, and accessories to be cast into concrete.
· Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using power grinders, or hand tools to achieve the desired finish.
· Communicate with Foreman, or Project Manager regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any safety hazards identified.
· Perform clean-up in connection with the work.
· Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
· Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
· Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
· A minimum of 3 years of concrete carpentry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Be proficient in the use of carpentry tools such as squares, tape measure, hammer, circular saws, drills, hammer drills, etc.
· Understand blueprints, sketches, or building plans to determine dimensions and materials required for form or framing construction.
· Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
· Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
· Focus to work safely in close proximity to equipment, co-workers, and surroundings.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
· Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
· Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 70 pounds frequently.
· Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
· Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
· Good hand to eye coordination.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.