PIPE FUSER - NATURAL GAS
On Site-Northern Utah
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
• Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, appurtenances, and equipment for natural gas
• Join plastic polyethylene piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
• Installation and replacement of existing HDPE gas mains & services.
• Measure and mark pipes for cutting.
• Layout of pipe, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
• Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement.
• Verify specifications by performing quality assurance tests.
• Cover pipes with earth or other materials, and compact using compaction equipment.
• Work safely around backhoes, excavators, trenchers, and dump trucks, and fusion equipment
including heating irons.
• Load and unload equipment and materials.
• Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Assist equipment operators by hand digging, and locating underground obstructions as needed.
• Work with specialized equipment including line stop machines (Pinchers), tapping machines, fusing
machines, and other necessary tools.
• Inspect and test pipe systems for leaks.
• Assist the equipment operator to dig trenches to desired or required depths, and proper slopes.
• Maintain documentation per customers’ requirements
• Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
• Awareness of working near roadways, understanding traffic control, and knowledge of Blue Stakes
laws and safety standards.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by crew Foreman, or project Superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
• Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary
educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience in underground utility construction work is preferred, but not required.
• Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Obtain DOT/Dominion Energy Fusion Certification
• Obtain OQ Certification.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
• Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work
outside of normal hours.
• Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job
• Ability to work around live natural gas lines.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Brigham City, UT, USA