On Site-Northern Utah
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
· Read and understand single line drawings, double line drawings, isometrics, shop fabrication drawings, and mechanical schematics.
· Select size and type of pipe, and related materials and equipment such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
· Assemble and install piping systems such as ductile iron, PVC, steel, copper, stainless steel pipe, and black iron.
· Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, grinder, cutting torch, and pipe-cutting machine.
· Threads pipe using pipe-threading machine.
· Connects pipes using threaded, welded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
· Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
· Install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components on machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders using hand tools.
· Install and maintain compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints.
· Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
· Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
· May weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
· May operate machinery to lift parts and materials.
· Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
· Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by crew Foreman, or project Superintendent.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
· Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
· A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Pipe Fitter, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read blueprints and illustrate through knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
· Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
· Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Problem solving abilities.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Welding experience preferred, but not required.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
· Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
· Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Brigham City, UT, USA