MECHANICAL PIPE FITTER FOREMAN
On Site-Northern Utah
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
· Supervise pipe fitting crew in the safe installation and assembly of all aspects of piping systems.
· Prioritize and manage safety and quality expectations in the field.
· Read and interpret blueprints, isometrics, shop fabrication drawings, and mechanical schematics to understand the layout and to determine the sequence of installations.
· Perform field take-offs and jobsite material inventories.
· Ensure crew maintains a clean job site; picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
· Organizes, supervises, leads, and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames, on time and under budget.
· Inspect work in progress and completed work to ensure conformance to specifications and local codes.
· Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to schedule.
· Identifying potential change orders.
· Effectively communicates with the Project Manager any delays, and/or emergencies at the job site; works with Project Manager to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
· Contribute knowledge and ideas to increase productivity.
· Conduct jobsite orientation. Lead, train, and mentor all employees.
· Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
· Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures; brings problems to the attention of the Project Manager, Safety Director, or HR Manager.
· Maintains time and production records; detailed and accurate time sheets, with verified quantities included and detailed locations of work performed.
· Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public, and company personnel.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
· Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
· A minimum of 6 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Pipe Fitter, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read blueprints and illustrate through knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
· Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
· Ability to direct work and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of co-workers.
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local codes.
· Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Problem solving abilities.
· Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
· Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
· Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
· Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces, and/or other adverse locations.
· Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Brigham City, UT, USA