HEAVY EQUIPMENT FIELD MECHANIC
On Site-Northern Utah
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
· Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on heavy equipment. Source and order parts as needed.
· Rebuild and maintain construction equipment, such as On-Road Highway Trucks, Loaders, Backhoes, Trackhoes, Articulated Trucks, Scrapers, Motor Graders, Bulldozers, Rollers, Skid Steers, etc.
· Dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools.
· Examine parts for damage and/or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
· Remove, repair, or replace major components such as engines, transmissions, differentials, steering boxes, fuel injection pumps, etc.
· Repair or replace components of the cooling, braking, steering, suspension, exhaust, electrical, or hydraulic systems.
· Test overhauled equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently.
· Perform welding, brazing, and fabricating, to modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures, and attachments.
· Complete all work orders (including warranty information) and time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
· Take advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
· Use computer to diagnose problems.
· Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
· Photograph equipment when necessary.
· Must keep service truck and equipment clean and in good working order.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
· Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
· A minimum of 5 years of experience as a heavy equipment mechanic or a combination of education and experience.
· Must have a Class A or Class B CDL.
· Must have a valid Medical Card per Department of Transportation (DOT) standard.
· Must be capable of managing and maintaining own tools and parts.
· Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust, and repair malfunctions.
· Must be able to read, analyze, and comprehend schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, etc.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Proficient utilizing computers including Microsoft products, Smartphone, and iPad.
· Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
· Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
· Reliable transportation to get to and from work.
· Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
· Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 60 pounds frequently.
· Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
· Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Salt Lake City, UT, USA