FUEL & LUBE TRUCK DRIVER
On Site-Northern Utah
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
· Drive a service truck to various locations and perform servicing of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and equipment. This includes fueling, lubrication, changing oil, changing air and oil filters, and checking and adding fluids, including windshield washer, transmission, cooling system, brakes, and differential.
· Perform maintenance on the service truck.
· Perform preventative maintenance per assigned schedules for heavy equipment and the service truck.
· Perform minor repairs on the service truck and assigned equipment.
· Comply with all safety policies and procedures, and standards of safety.
· Ability to operate truck safely and efficiently.
· Must keep accurate time and material records through driver’s daily logs.
· Must follow verbal and written instruction.
· Must have maneuvering, backing, and defensive driving skills.
· Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on trucks, pursuant to DOT regulations.
· Observe all traffic laws.
· Show constant awareness of personal safety, and the safety of all co-workers, and surroundings.
· Be flexible to schedule and location changes, as well as time of shift changes.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
· Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
· A minimum of 2 years of commercial driving experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a Class A or Class B CDL with Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements.
· Must have a valid Medical Card per Department of Transportation (DOT) standard.
· A clean driving record is required.
· Abide by all DOT requirements for commercial motor vehicle operations.
· Proficient with the use of general tools, equipment, and methods for servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work, and minor mechanical repair work.
· Must be capable of managing and maintaining own tools and parts.
· Knowledge of standard lubricants and oils used in vehicle and equipment servicing work.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out the essential functions of the job.
· Willingness to learn.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Reliable transportation to get to and from work.
· Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
· Able to sit, walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, feel, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, and job hazards.
· Requires good manual dexterity.
· Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Brigham City, UT, USA