On Site-Southern Utah & Surrounding Areas
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
• Prepare construction sites by clearing obstacles and hazards.
• Use various equipment, hand, and power tools.
• Proficient in the safe and efficient use of layout tools, and measurement tools.
• Measure and mark pipes for cutting.
• Ability to load or unload construction materials, pipe, and equipment.
• Dig, spread, and level dirt and gravel, using pick, rake, shovel, etc.
• Dig up existing pipes and lines.
• Prepare ground trenches for pipes and utility lines.
• Use chains, slings, or guide wires to rig pipes, trench boxes, and slide rail shoring systems.
• Guide pipes and shoring devices into place, assisting the equipment operator.
• Join, wrap, seal, and bed sections of underground pipe.
• Remove, fill, or compact earth.
• Assist with establishing alignment and grade with the use of grade stakes and lasers.
• Coordinate all other activities in the excavation as directed.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to
conform to grade specifications.
• Work safely around heavy equipment, and people at all times.
• Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
• Assist all craft workers.
• Perform clean-up in connection with the work.
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
• Move from job to job as projects progress
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
• Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary
educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
• Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
• Focus to work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment and underground utilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
• Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work
outside of normal hours.
• Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job
• Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
St. George, UT, USA