CEMENT MASON – CONCRETE FINISHER
On Site-Southern Utah & Surrounding Areas
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
• Set forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth and align them.
• Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power
screed, and float.
• Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
• Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or specialty tools.
• Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, or straightedge.
• Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and moving chute, to direct
concrete into forms.
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete.
• Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
• Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete.
• Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair
• Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
• Wet concrete surface and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
• Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout, slurry, or epoxy.
• Direct subgrade work, mixing concrete, and setting forms for beams, columns, and panels.
• Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper,
scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
• Perform clean-up in connection with the work.
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
• Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
• Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary
educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
• A minimum of 3 years of concrete finishing experience, or equivalent combination of education and
• Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
• Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
• Focus to work safely in close proximity to equipment, co-workers, and surroundings.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
• Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work
outside of normal hours.
• Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds
• Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job
• Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
St. George, UT, USA