CDL END DUMP TRUCK DRIVER – CONSTRUCTION
On Site-Northern or Southern UT & Surrounding Areas (Please Specify on Application)
Type of Job
About the job
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures, and standards of safety.
• Ability to operate truck safely and efficiently.
• Must keep accurate time and material records through driver’s daily logs.
• Verify the types of materials being transported and ensure that they do not exceed weight
• Ensure that materials are loaded correctly onto the truck and trailer.
• Must follow verbal and written instruction.
• Must have maneuvering and backing skills.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on trucks, pursuant to DOT regulations.
• Maintain vehicle to ensure safe conditions; includes daily inspections on tires, lights, signals, glass,
etc. Vehicle fluids and tire air pressures must be checked and serviced daily.
• Observe all traffic laws.
• Ensure vehicle is ready for next day business, including fuel fills, whenever possible.
• Show constant awareness of personal safety, and the safety of all co-workers, and surroundings.
• Safely transport various construction aggregate materials to various job sites as dispatched.
• Drivers will operate dump trucks equipped with different trailer combinations such as side-dumps,
end-dumps, pup, and flatbed trailers.
• Trailer beds must be cleaned out to prevent cross-contamination.
• Be flexible to schedule and location changes, as well as time of shift changes.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
• Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary
educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
• A minimum of 2 years of commercial driving experience, or equivalent combination of education
• Must have a Class A or Class B CDL.
• Must have a valid Medical Card per Department of Transportation (DOT) standard.
• A clean driving record is required.
• Abide by all DOT requirements for commercial motor vehicle operations.
• Willingness to learn.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Reliable transportation to get to and from work.
• Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work
outside of normal hours.
• Able to sit, walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, feel, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50
• Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, moving
mechanical parts, and job hazards.
• Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Whitaker Construction offers an exceptional benefit package including:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
401 K and Match
Paid Personal Days
Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
The ADA defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work
environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential
functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer.
Whitaker Construction is an “equal opportunity employer.” Whitaker will not discriminate and will
take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment,
advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other
conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color,
national origin, or sex.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply