We are currently looking for people to fill the following positions:
-High Pressure Gas Welders
Whitaker Construction Co. primarily operates in Northern Utah. We currently have contracts in Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber, Box Elder, and Cache Counties. Applicants must have transportation and a valid driver's license. Starting wages range for laborers from $10.00 an hour. Applications may be acquired at 44 South 1050 West in Brigham City, Utah. We will also send applications to interested applicants.
The main types of heavy equipment we operate are:
-Excavators (3/4 yard to 3 yard)
-Loaders (1 yard to 4 yard)
-Scrapers (15 yard)
-Trucks (26,000 to 80,000 lb - CDL license is required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of Whitaker Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, handicap, or being a disabled Veteran. Such action shall include:
-Recruiting, advertising, or solicitation of employment, selection, placement, transfer, or promotion.
-Rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
-Selection for training programs, including apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
-Treatment during employment.
-Termination or layoff.
Notice of Coverage Options
- The Marketplaces are a new way for people to buy individual health insurance in 2014 and beyond.
- Under the individual mandate, you will be assessed an extra tax when you file your individual taxes if you do not obtain health coverage for yourself and your dependents starting January 1, 2014
- While you (as and employee) will be able to buy insurance in the Marketplace, you will not be eligible for a premium tax credit or for reduced cost-sharing if you have employer coverage available that is "affordable" and provides "minimum value" (These terms are defined in the attached notice). Our group health coverage does provide minimum value, and it does meet the affordability test for most employees.
- If you are considering buying health insurance in the Marketplace anyway, rather than enrolling in the Whitaker Construction Co. group health plan, you probably will have to give the Marketplace enrollers the information on pages 2 and 3 of the attached notice (regarding your employer coverage that is available).
- If you later terminate employment with Whitaker Construction Co. you will likely find it less expensive to buy health insurance in the Marketplace than to extend your coverage under COBRA. COBRA will still existing but you may want to compare your COBRA coverage and rates with Marketplace coverage and rates.